At StorPlace Self-Storage of Murfreesboro we are always looking for fun ways to enjoy time with our family. Are you looking for something fun to do near Murfreesboro this fall? Why not take your family to one of the many local events/festivals. Here is a list of just a few of the great events in the area in the fall:
Old Timers’ Festival in LaVergne will be held September 12-13, 2014
- Make sure you come out early to enjoy the country ham breakfast from 6am-10am and then the parade at 11am!
- There will also be many new and exciting additions to the festival this year including 7 new carnival rides and the festival’s first-ever Battle of the Bands.
- There will be also be many craft and food vendors.
Fall Festival: The Dog & Pony Show on September 27, 2014 at the Thompson’s Station Park
- This year’s festival will feature some new pet activities and demonstrations. The demonstrations include equine dressage and reining demonstrations and the “pup scouts” agility and flyball demonstrations. There will also be a pet & owner look-alike contest! Also the festival will feature some great locally made products, live entertainment, carnival games and kids’ activities. The entertainment lineup includes; Mike Farris & The Roseland Rhythm Revue, The Wood Brothers, The Mables, Casey Wasner, The Granny Whites and Zig Zag Mojo.
Franklin Annual Pumpkin Fest on October 25, 2014
- There will be many activities for the entire family at this year’s Pumpkin Fest! For children, there will be free activities such as games and pony rides. Another crowd favorite is the costume contest for children, adults, and pets. You definitely don’t want to miss the Great Pumpkin from Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada. There will also be live entertainment, arts and crafts, and plenty of food available to purchase from the many vendors that will be set up during the festival.
Harvest Days Celebration at Cannonsburgh Village, Murfreesboro on October 25, 2014 from 10am-4pm
- There will be live entertainment such as clogging and bluegrass music. There will also be many artisan and crafts exhibits including pottery, broom making, and blacksmith demonstrating. There will also be hayrides, arts and crafts vendors as well as food vendors at the festival. For all those car lovers out there, you’ll definitely want to stop by to check out the antique auto show.
At StorPlace Self Storage, we believe in working hard but also saving time for quality time with family and friends. So go out there and make memories!