The leaves are changing, the leaves are falling, and the rain will not go away. This is a sure sign that fall is upon us. If you are in need of storage for your car, trailer, motorcycle or RV, Storplace of Hickory Hollow is the place for you. We offer convenient parking spaces and storage unit sizes to park your valuable items. We offer outdoor storage and two different sizes of parking space. If you would like a storage unit, we offer as small as a 10 x 15 to as large as a 12 x 30 that could fit a trailer or large boat. If you plan on storing a car, here are some tips to make sure your vehicle remains operable and in good condition while in storage.
The first step to storing your vehicle is to decide if you would like to store it in a storage unit or outside parking space. If you choose to store your car outside, keep in mind that this decisions leaves your car vulnerable to the various elements such as precipitation and over-exposure to the sun. The precipitation can cause your car to rust and the sunlight can cause the paint to rust or peel and damage your tires. A high-quality car cover is highly recommended if you plan to keep your car in an outside parking space. If you decide to store your vehicle in an enclosed storage unit this will protect it from all outside elements such as the sun, precipitation, rust, and extreme temperatures. An outside storage space is also handy if there are other items that you need to store, you can stack those items around your car to make the best use of the space. If you are able to drive your car for 15 minutes once per week, this will also help with the overall care of your vehicle until you remove it from storage. Below you will find some other quick tips for car storage:
- Purchase a quality car cover to help reduce dirt, dust, or rust from developing
- Change the oil, brake fluid/coolant and filter
- Fill the car with gas; it is not a good idea to store a vehicle with an empty tank because this can cause moisture to build in the tank
- Disconnect the battery and get your tires balanced and rotated. It is also a good idea to jack the car up so that the tires do not develop flats
- Lastly, release your parking brake so that there is not an issue with your brake pads sticking to your rotors
We have various storage options at Storplace Self Storage of Hickory Hollow to fulfill all your needs from car storage to storing items from your house. We are located at 5251 Mt. View Rd. Antioch, TN 37013 and would love to assist you.