Crafting can be so much fun and relaxing, but the amount of space for such large to needle sized items is very constricted. The key is organization, organization, organization. And StorPlace Self-Storage can help.
Not only do we have crafting enthusiasts on our team, we also have the right self storage units to help you declutter your home. Once you are organized and created the space you need this holiday season, following these helpful steps below for a DIY project for a Christmas wreath. Since I’m in the process of crafting this too, I’ve shared the tips for success below for all my fellow hobbiests.
DIY Wreath – Supplies List:
- As many toilet paper and paper towel rolls you can collect
- A ruler, preferably clear with easy guidelines
- Glue gun
DIY Wreath – Instructions:
- Flatten down each paper towel roll to cut. This will make a fold at the top and bottom to create a leaf shape.
- Use your ruler to mark where to cut with scissors. There is no set length, it just depends on how think you would prefer your wreath to be.
- A 1.5-inch thickness is used in this example.
- Cut as many pieces as possible depending on how many paper towel and toilet paper rolls you have, and how large you want to make your wreath.
- Now start arranging the pieces into a wreath shape.
- You can use a salad plate as a template to line the pieces up against.
- Lay a single ring of pieces around the plate to form the wreath’s base.
Then, with your hot glue gun, adhere the pieces together to form a complete circle. This will form the inner edge of the wreath. Once this ring is complete, you can arrange the rest of the pieces around it in any way you like.
From this point forward, the possibilities of colors, glitters, bows, ribbons, and etc. are endless. Don’t worry it there are several pieces left over, use them for mini wreath ornaments for the tree.
And always remember, never let clutter or cramped quarters stand in the way of your passion. Let StorPlace Self-Storage help you move some items out of your way and start crafting today!